Ingredients: Organic Sasparilla Root, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Anise Seed, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Clove, Organic Allspice, Organic Vanilla Extract
To Make a Syrup
- Combine 1/3 cup of dry ingredients in 1 quart of water in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 20-25 minutes or until reduced by 1/3 - 1/2. Which ever comes first.
- Strain herbs from the liquid and place liquid back in pot. Stir in 1-2 cups of brown sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar. Stir until dissolved. Bottle syrup & let cool before use.
- For kombucha: Add 1/3 cup of syrup to 16 oz bottle and top with kombucha.
- Ferment 1-2 days.
Root Beer Kombucha Float
1 tsp Root Beer Kombucha Flavoring
1 - 2 tsp brown sugar (or 4-5 raisins)
2 cups premade plain kombucha
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Combine the root beer flavoring, brown sugar, and kombucha in a swing top bottle or other air tight container. Let steep overnight or 24 hours.
2. Strain the loose leaf tea from the kombucha.
3. Add a scoop or two of ice cream to two serving glasses. Pour the desired amount of root beer kombucha over top and enjoy immediately.