Color & Flavor Profile: Brew's up a dark rich brown with the sweet taste of licorice root. Finishing off with a bit of spice from the ginger, cinnamon, and anise.
Caffeine Level: Medium
Ingredients: Organic Oolong, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Fennel, Organic Ginger, Organic Cloves, Organic Anise, and Organic Orange Peel.
WARNING: licorice root not to be used during pregnancy. Not for use in persons with hypertension, liver disorders, edema, severe kidney insufficiency, low blood potassium, heart disease with edema, or congestive heart failure.
Herbal Licorice Shake
Ingredients - makes 1
- 1 tbsp Herbal Licorice Spice Organic Loose Leaf Tea
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, as desired for sweetness
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Combine the loose leaf tea and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Bring to a low simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and strain.
- Add the steeped coconut milk to a high speed blender. Add the cashews, maple syrup, vanilla, and ginger. Blend on high until very smooth and thick, at least 60 seconds.
- Pour into a serving glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.