Color & Flavor Profile: Bold, earthy, green tea with notes of lemon and mint. Brews up a light golden color.
Caffeine Level: Low
Ingredients: Organic Sencha Green, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Lemon Peel, Organic Spearmint Leaf, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Calendula, and Organic Stevia Leaf.
Lemon Ginger Penicillin Cocktail (or Mocktail)
*NOT to be confused with the drug - this is the name of a cocktail. We do not intend to treat, cure or diagnose with this drink recipe.
Ingredients - makes 2
- 8 oz brewed Lemon Ginger Gumption Organic Tea
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz whiskey or bourbon - optional
Ginger Gumption Honey Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- Make the syrup: Add the loose leaf tea and water to a small pan or pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the tea, pushing the water out of the leaves with a spoon. Most of the water will have evaporated and absorbed into the tea leaves, leaving about ⅓ cup tea for the syrup. Return the tea to the saucepan, stir in the honey, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the brewed tea, lemon juice, whiskey or bourbon if using, and 2 tbsp of the prepared syrup. Add ice and shake for 15 seconds to combine, then strain into two glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and enjoy!