Organic Vegetable Glycerine is derived from organic vegetable soybean oil using environmentally friendly practices. Only non-gmo seeds are used. (Note: No soy proteins remain in the final product, therefore no allergen is present.) It is produced using the process of hydrolysis, which takes off the fatty acids, leaving pure vegetable glycerine.
Food & Beverages Uses
Vegetable Glycerine is commonly used in food and beverages, is low in calories and easily digested.
- The warm, sweet taste makes it an excellent substitute for sugar, and is used extensively in the preparation of coffee and tea flavors, and as an ingredient in soft drinks.
- It has many uses due to its malleability and can be used in baked goods including cakes, cookies, candy, and fudge. You can add it to your cake batter to retain moistness for longer after it is baked. Its easy texture and sweet taste add a special touch without changing the taste of your baked goods. It can also help prevent sugar crystallization in candy.
- Bakers often use it when making homemade icing. It helps in thinning the icing and it can also be used to soften fondant, thus making it easier to work with.
- Its unique anti-fermentative properties also make it very useful in the production and preservation of herbal extracts and tinctures. It’s a good choice for people who are sensitive to alcohol, as most liquid herbal extracts do contain alcohol.
Body & Skin Care Uses
Vegetable glycerine is also widely used as a humectant, a penetrant, and a softening agent in skincare products and soaps. The emollient and lubricating properties of glycerine make it effective anytime there is hardness, drying, or scaling of the skin. It is water and alcohol soluble, making it easy to work with.
- As an effective ingredient in massage preparations, glycerine provides a soothing effect, making the skin supple and offering a protective action.
- It is commonly used in beauty products including makeup, mousse, shampoo, bubble bath, aftershave, and deodorant.
- It is also used in some eye and ear drops, toothpaste, and dental care products.