Color & Flavor Profile: Brew's up a dark black color with a deep rich malty flavor and notes of caramel and honey.
Caffeine Level: Medium
Ingredients: Organic Ceylon Black Tea B.O.P.
How to make homemade Sweet Tea
3/4 cups water + 3 cups Water
3/4 cups sugar
5-6 teaspoons Southern Sweet Tea Blend
Pinch of Baking Soda
Bring 3/4 cups of water and 3/4 cups of sugar to a boil in a small pot on the stove, carefully string so it doesn't burn. Once boiling, boil for 5-7 minutes and let the syrup reduce. Remove from hit and set aside to let cool. This is the secret sauce for your sweet tea! Bring 3 cups of filtered water to a boil and steep 5-6 teaspoons of Farmhouse Teas Southern Sweet Tea & a pinch of baking soda (to tame the tannins in the tea) using whatever steeping method you prefer, for 5-6 minutes. After it's done steeping strain the leaves and add the simple syrup. Serve over ice with a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
“Brown Sugar” Boba Tea
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups tapioca pearls
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 4 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup Southern Sweet Tea
- Add the water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the tapioca pearls, stirring quickly to ensure they don’t clump. Boil on medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the coconut sugar and boil for another 10 minutes, stirring often. Taste to make sure boba is soft and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add the milk to a saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Stir in the Southern Sweet Tea and turn off the heat.
- Let steep for about 10 minutes, then strain and let cool.
- Spoon desired amount of boba into serving glasses, spooning some of the syrup on the sides of the glass as desired.
- Fill glasses with ice, then top with desired amount of the tea-infused milk and enjoy!