Color & Flavor Profile: Bold black tea blends up a dark earthy color. Light Chai spice followed by sweet notes of maple.
Caffeine Level: Medium
Ingredients: Organic Darjeeling, Organic Oolong, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cardamom Pods, Organic Star Anise, Organic Fennel, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Maple Extract.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp Sweet Maple Chai Tea, finely ground
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp saltTopping
- ⅓ cup sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ tsp Sweet Maple Chai Tea, finely ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Beat again until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, ground tea, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add 1 cup of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Continue doing this until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in. The dough will appear crumbly but should stick together.
- Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for about 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit an line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the topping ingredients into a shallow bowl until combined.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll about 1 ½-2 tbsp of the dough into a ball. Roll the ball into the sugar mixture and then place onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly golden. Let cool for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool.
For Hot Tea: Steep 1 tsp per 6-8 oz up of water (190°- 212°) for 3-5 minutes for best results. If icing use 2 tsp per 6-8 oz cup.
For Iced Tea: Steep 2 tsp per 6-8 oz up of water (190°- 212°) for 3-5 minutes for best results. Pour over ice.
Full Size Bag- 20 to 24 Cups per bag
By the Pound - Number of cups vary by flavor
Trial Size Available Here - 8 to12 cups per bag (depending on flavor)
- Made with All-natural & Organic Ingredients
- Enjoy Hot or Cold
- Hand Blended in our Farm Tea Studio
- Handcrafted in Lyons, Oregon
- Featuring Local Ingredients when Possible
- Gluten Free / Vegan